A slice of orange bread is the perfect treat for breakfast or coffee break. Delicious on its own but addictive with a generous layer of butter and your favorite jam!
If you are looking for a hassle-free citrusy sweet bread recipe, this is it.
- 2 Eggs (small-medium)
- 1½ cup Granulated Sugar (5.3oz/150g)
- Orange Zest (from 1 Orange)
- 3 Medium Oranges, juice only
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened (2.8oz/110g)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (10.6oz/300g)
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the eggs with sugar until smooth and pale.
- Add orange zest (from ½ orange), freshly squeezed orange juice and softened butter. Mix with the hand mixer.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder (mix these two ingredients beforehand) and mix well with the mixer. Pour the batter into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F/190°C for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
When ready, take out from the oven pour some more orange juice over the loaf. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before transferring onto a wired rack. Let it cool completely.
Nutrition facts per serving
Baking this orange loaf cake takes about 1 hour and hope you enjoy your leisure time.
When you are cooking, a multi-functional hand blender definitely is a good helper and makes cooking easy. Here are some perfect choices for you.